Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fab 4 Home Books

I work in a library. I love books. I love decor, housekeeping and superstitions.
Here are a few books I have that I highly recommend:





The Feng Shui Dictionary
By Lillian Too
I love this little cheap book. I found it in the bargain section at Barnes and Noble on a Friday night date with Jordan. I love that Too made Feng Shui simple and understandable to an average American. I learned many small things like the house number 9 is very lucky. Our apt is number 9, hence the lucky blog name!




Simple Times (Crafts for poor people)
By Amy Sedaris
If you are at all familiar with Amy or David Sedaris, then you will love this book. It's hilarious, disgusting and absolutely wonderful. It is really a mock craft book, and has no real merit. But trust me, you won't regret it.
Side note: Don't read it in the bookstore, you'll be laughing your ass off and people may think you're under the influence. Which you will be, the influence of sausage jokes and horrible yarn handi crafts.




Home Comforts
The Art & Science of Keeping House
By Cheryl Mendelson
This book is fantastic. It was recommended to me by my mother in law way way before she was my mother in law. She let me borrow her copy and I took it to college with me and read it (almost) cover to cover. Being a family and consumer sciences major, I love all things home. Home is my favorite place to be, and luckily, I have 3 places I call home. This book goes into detail about every homekeeping topic you can imagine. No one knows how to fold fitted sheets. This book will teach you.
http://www.amazon.com/Home-Comforts-Science-Keeping-House/dp/0743272862/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370358083&sr=1-1&keywords=Home+comforts





Young House Love
By: Sherry and John Petersik
Lastly, Young House Love. This book started out as this couples newly-wed-home-improvement-sometimes nightmare blog. They have since moved to a new house and had a baby (now toddler). They are fun, down to earth and super creative. All their designs are colorful and thought provoking. If you have a single creative bone in your body, you will appreciate Sherry and John.





Side Note:
Amy Sedaris also has a book called "I Like You, Hospitality Under the Influence" that will tickle your crude humor fancy. If you have any home book favorites, don't be afraid to comment below! I am always looking for new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment