Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dog Mom Top 5

Those of you who know me know that it was only a matter of time before I posted a dog post! I can't help myself.
 
 
Ollie
 
We adopted Ollie on Feb 2, 2013 from Pet Supermarket. They were hosting an offsite adoption event for The Columbus Animal Care and Control Center. We had not planned on getting a dog that day. (Well, Jordan hadn't.) But I saw the pictures of the puppies on their Facebook Page and knew I had to go see them. She was the first one I noticed in the play pen sleeping. She looked so fluffy and reminded me of our black lab we had growing up, Molly. I scooped her up and never put her down. After about 10 minutes of me ooing and ahhing and rubbing my face all over her fur, Jordan said, "So what are you going to name her?" This photo was taken right after that:
 


 

And then she grew...


 
 


After months of training, a bout of worms, one trip home to Illinois, two trips to Florida, a million trips to Flat Rock Park to swim, 6 collars and a million poop bags later, we have an 8 month old baby who has stolen the hearts of everyone who's met her. She is the apple of our eyes and all that junk that I won't go into.  
 
 
And yes, she is spoiled beyond reason.
 So here are my Dog Mom Top Five 
 
These folks rock. They personalize their collars, leashes, harnesses and service dog vests to almost any color you can imagine. Their items are ridiculously cheap. And what little they do charge, part is donated to service animals. I bought Ollie a teal collar with pink lettering the first time. She loved it so much she ate it. Yesterday we received our new one, which is lime green with hot pink lettering. At a total of $12.50 shipped. 3 days from order to door. Love them.
 
 

 
 
 
This is the store we adopted Ollie at. We love them for so many reasons. They are always beyond helpful and eager to meet your pet and spoil them. They allow us to hold our training sessions there and even help participate. They push healthier dog food on you (this sounds obnoxious but they really do care). They host offsite adoptions almost every weekend. They do not sell puppies or kitties, only (usually) non adoptable animals such as fish and hamsters. Every 10 bags of dog food you buy you get a free one. I could really go on and on. They really are a great company.
 
3.) Dentley's Rawhide Munchy Chunk Granola Chips
The ingredient list: Sweet Potato, Beef Rawhide, Oats, Carrots, Peanuts, Peanut Protein Powder, Dried Bananas, Rice Flour, Potassium Sorbate
Need I say more? No, but I will. They are really hard, and they help clean the teeth. Ask anyone who has seen my dog's mouth. They last a longer than a regular treat.
 
4.) TJ Maxx and Marshall's
I always buy my poop bags, shampoo and toys here. They are cheaper and better quality than Wal-Mart etc. Plus it gives me an excuse to go.....
 
5.) Kong
I'm sure you've either heard of or already own a Kong. The original is what we have. They now have all kinds of different "indestructible" toys. They have their critics, of course, but I think they are amazing. Our favorite Kong recipe is Peanut Butter Glue. We fill it with dog food, then pour melted peanut butter inside and freeze it. Hours of entertainment. For Ollie and us. The sounds she makes when she's eating it are hilarious.
 


 
There are a few of our favorite thingssssss
 
And here are some sweet pictures of Ollie and her Daddy...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment